What To Know
Curated Resources to Help Save Our Postal Service: Charles Koch's Agenda, Louis DeJoy's Failings, and More
Bill Moyers, Amy Goodman, R.J. Eskow, Christopher Shaw, and Other Great Thinkers Shine a Spotlight
Our Postal Service is at grave risk with Louis DeJoy at its helm and with privatization on the agenda. Here are some resources to help get smarter about the crisis at hand and how we got here.
- Bill Moyers on Democracy: Bill Moyers Talks with Lisa Graves about the Ongoing Threat to the US Postal Service
- Democracy Now! with Amy Goodman and Juan Gonzales: Return to Sender: Amid National Outcry, Trump’s Postmaster General Drops Plans to Gut USPS — For Now
- The Zero Hour with RJ Eskow: Lisa Graves: Koch’s 50-Year War on the Postal Service
- Background Briefing with Ian Masters: Will Trump Be Able to Kill the Postal Service Before November to Stop Mail-in Ballots?
- Real News Network with Marc Steiner,DeJoy Strangling the Post Office for Trump?
- Additional podcasts: Janine Jackson, Jan Miyasaki, Kris Welch, Paul DeRienzo, Nicole Sandler, Allen Ruff, Duncan Campbell, David Whettstone, Abdul Malik Mujahid, Christopher Moore, and more
News and Analysis
- APWU, Hundreds of Rallies Nationwide to Save Our Postal Service
- Common Dreams, Jake Johnson: 'The Corruption Is Bottomless': Documents Reveal Chair of Postal Service Board Is Director of McConnell-Allied Super PAC "Can the GOP's takeover of USPS be any more blatant?"
- TMI, David Sirota and Matthew Cunningham-Cook: Trump’s Postal Service Chairman Has Led Senate GOP’s $100 Million Super PAC; Trump just installed a former RNC chair to lead the board that oversees USPS -- now the agency faces allegations that it is being used to rig the 2020 election
- New York Times, Luke Broadwater and Catie Edmondson: Postal Service Has Paid DeJoy’s Former Company $286 Million Since 2013
- Washington Post, Dan Zak and Jacob Bobage: Louis DeJoy was always his own boss. Whom does he serve now?
- Occupy, Matt Stannard: Is the Postal Banking Movement Being Too Careful to Succeed?
- Christopher W. Shaw: Preserving the People's Post Office
- Winifred Gallagher: How the Post Office Created America
- Devin Leonard: Neither Snow Nor Rain, A History of the United States Postal Service
- Lisa Graves: The Billionaire Behind Efforts to Kill the U.S. Postal Service
Art about the Postal Service Crisis
Watch Our First Democracy Summit and Get Inspired about How We Can Build Change, with Rashad RobinsonPlease watch and share BOLD ReThink's first Democracy Summit. You'll hear about the efforts of Color Of Change to challenge Democracy + Good Government
Evidence to Help Debunk False Voter Fraud Claims and Expose the Special Interests Pushing ThemThe BOLD ReThink created a video to help debunk false voter fraud claims before the November election. It also helps expose how Democracy + Good Government
New Timeline Describes the Racist and Anti-Government Roots of Attacks on American Democracy(To view a responsive version of this timeline, with clickable footnotes, click here .) Economy + Jobs
BOLD ReThink Recognizes Two "Artists for Democracy" -- Crys Matthews and Heather MaeEach month, BOLD ReThink's action team will highlight musicians and other artists standing up for our democracy, because art can Equal Justice + Courts
Introducing the BOLD ReThink: Because Our Democracy Needs a System UpgradeIt is time for a bold rethink… The murder of George Floyd and the demand of millions to redress structural racism have changed Economy + Jobs